Media Specialists are responsible for incorporating new media as communication tools including but not limited to fulfilling the photography and video needs of the Department of Residence Life. In addition to taking photos, shooting video and editing them appropriately, the intern will have the opportunity to contribute to the department’s emerging strategies to incorporate new media as communication tools and an integrated part of the University’s brand.
- Create promotional videos for the Department of Residence Life and subunits.
- Take photographs and video at campus events, including of setting up photo and video shoots for departmental stock.
- Perform research and establish best practices for the use of and application of new media tools such as audio, video, and social media.
- Develop creative strategies to communicate with internal and external audiences using tools such as Facebook™, Twitter™, LinkedIn™, YouTube™ and Flickr™.
- Contribute to the daily communication using social media tools and propose new content to be posted.
- Research social media policies and guidelines to establish need and framework for the department.
- Project management.
- Working in a deadline oriented environment.
- Collaborating with a creative team.
- Performing best practice research.
- Utilization of new media in a professional environment.
- The importance of tracking effectiveness of initiatives.
- Experience taking photos and video (with high sound quality)
- Experience with photo and video editing (prefer Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom).
- Clear oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Creative and flexible mind.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Must have a minimum of 15 hours a week scheduled, with a maximum of 18.
- Hours must be a set schedule with in the following guidelines:
- Monday through Thursday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Friday 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM.
- For at least an hour and a half.
- Four days a week.
- Be willing to have a mix of morning, afternoon and/or evening hours if office coverage is needed.
- Be available to work Labor Day weekend for move in (Freshman exempt)