MIO Programmers create and manage a variety of campus resources. The programming department is responsible for developing new programs to support Residence Life staff and all of campus. The majority of our Programmers develop for our MyUWO Portal. MyUWO is written in ASP.NET using C#. We also develop websites for the university using Plone, a content management system.
- Design, develop, and maintain Residence Life web programs.
- When completing projects, follow the MIO coding standards and MIO Software Development System plan.
- Correspond with clients and coworkers in a timely manner.
- Assist other programmers with ideas and problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned by Database Administer or Portal Manager.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Be creative and innovative
- Preferred: prior programming experience.
- Works year-round, full time during breaks and summer.
- Must have a minimum of 15 hours a week scheduled, with a maximum of 18 per week.
- During the school year, hours must be a set schedule with in the following guidelines:
- Monday through Thursday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Friday 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM.
- At least two hour long shifts.
- At least four days a week.
- Be willing to have a mix of morning, afternoon, and/or evening hours if office coverage is needed.
- During the summer, hours are 8:00AM through 4:30PM