For the older version of Malwarebytes go here.
We recommend that you understand the difference between anti-virus and anti-malware.
- Click the following link to download MalwareBytes
- Once it’s downloaded, run and install it. Make sure to uncheck “Enable Free Trial of MalwareBytes PRO” when prompted
- After opening and running an update you should go to the "Scan" section and select "Custom Scan", then click "Scan Now"
- Under the custom configuration select:
Scan memory objects
Scan Startup and Registry Settings
Scan for RootKits
And select your C: drive then "Start Scan"
- You will see the scan running
- Afterwards you will see the files that were detected, make sure to select "Quarantine All" then "Apply Actions"
- After that you will see this screen, select "view detailed log"
- It may ask you to restart your system, click "yes"
- After the scan runs you need to remove the infected items. Go to "History" tab, and select "Delete All"
- After you deleted everything locate the "Application Logs" and double click on the "Scan Log"
- The scanning history log allows you to export and copy to clipboard. We recommend copying to clipboard then pasting it to an email.
- If you want to export, make sure to export as a text file.
- Save the file somewhere accessible.
- After you export you should get a confirmation box.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the log file attached or copied to it.