INSTALLING SYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTION
Downloading Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Go to http://portal.housing.uwosh.edu in your web browser
- Log in with your NetID and password
- Go to the ResNet Software App on your portal homepage
- Click the link that says "Antivirus for (Insert Your Operating System Here)"
- Once the file is done downloading, open the installer.
Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (For Mac)
- Once the installer window is open, Click the "Agree & Install" button (as long as you truly do agree to their User License Agreement. In NO way is MIO asking you to agree to this legal agreement against your own volition.)
- Now please grant access to Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Now please wait as Symantec Endpoint Protection installs itself to your system
- Now your system is fully protected with Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (For Windows)
- Once you open the program, it will start running updates on itself and look like this:
- After the program finishes installing, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please select "Restart Now"
- Once your computer restarts, you have Symantec Endpoint Protection. To verify, you can go down to the right hand corner of your desktop and click on the Symantec logo which will bring up this program page: