- Answer technology-related support calls.
- Provide phone and in-room technical support for students staying in the residence halls.
- Continually review the ResNet Database and contact students to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Assist in the cleaning of all computer labs throughout the year, at least twice a week.
- Monitor paper and toner levels for each hall to ensure they always have enough of each.
- Installation and upgrade of computer hardware and software for the department of Residence Life.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software for the department of Residence Life.
- Maintain, organize, and clean computer equipment and storage facilities within Residence Life.
- Research new hardware and software during downtime.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Clear oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Experience with desktop computing.
- Experience in hardware installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Preferred Experience in troubleshooting computer-related problems.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Works while students are on campus. This is limited to the 17-week semester.
- Must have a minimum of 15 hours a week scheduled, with a maximum of 18.
- Be willing to have a mix of morning, afternoon and/or evening hours if office coverage is needed.
- Hours must be a set schedule with in the following guidelines:
- Monday through Thursday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Friday 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM.
- At least an hour and a half long shifts.
- At least four days a week.
Senior Computer Technicians (possible promotion)
Once employed as a Computer Technician, there is a possibility for a promotion to Senior Computer Technician. This position holds more responsibility, provides the ability to specialize in preferred areas, and Senior Techs work full time during interim periods and breaks (such as winter, spring, and summer).
During the school year, Senior Computer Technicians focus on troubleshooting residents’ Internet connection and keeping the computer labs in good working condition. During the summer they mostly spend time on hardware and software upgrades and cleaning computer equipment throughout the department.